The eparchy of Tellicherry, erected by the Bull ?Ad Christi Ecclesiam Regendam? dated 31 December 1953 of His Holiness Pope Pius XII of happy memory, as a suffragan of the Archeparchy of Ernakulam, is for the Catholics of the Syro-Malabar Church who migrated to Malabar from the old Syro-Malabar eparchy of erstwhile Travancore and Cochin States. The boundaries of the new eparchy were the same as those of the Latin Diocese of Calicut. But later, as Catholics of Syro-Malabar Church migrated even to the states of Karnataka and Tamil Nadu, the boundaries were extended to the present Latin dioceses of Mangalore, Chickmagalur, Mysore, Shimoga and Ootacamund by a decree of the Holy See dated 29th April, 1955. The Archeparchy is bifurcated in to Mananthavady, Belthangady, Thamarassery, Bhadravathi & Mandya. It is spread around 4902 sq. km. within the civil districts of Kannur & Kasargod.
Dioceses At a Glance
: - -Weekdays
: - -
P.O Box No. 70, Tellicherry.
Web : www.archdioceseoftellicherry.org